Saturday, December 11, 2010

I really like cars...

Ok, so it's more like I love cars. Just something about them that gets me all excited. So, being that I am almost certain that I will soon have to give up any sort of sporty-ness for the automotive death known as practicality.

Being that I intend to stave off automotive death as long as possible, or possibly substitute it for something else on the side, I have compiled a list of cars that I think may suit the job of being a "fun" car, while not breaking the bank. My idea was to look at getting rid of my current ride for something more practical and better able to withstand the wintertime grind without getting stuck (or at least not without a helluva fight), but still have something that I can park during the winter and use during the seasons where you don't need a few extra layers to simply go outside.

Here's the list (bare with me, it's long and there are pictures)

Lets start in the US of A shall we?

3rd Gen Camaro





3rd Gen Firebird





Late 80's early 90's Mustang





How about Japan?

Mitsubishi Starion




Mazda RX7




Nissan 300ZX




Toyota Supra MkIII




How about Germany?


E30 BMW




E34 BMW




E24 BMW




SL Mercedes




Porsche 944











All of these cars were made in the late 80's and into the early 90's, making them just about 20 years old. This means that there should be some out there in decent condition with simply high mileage. They're old enough to be used, but not old enough to yet become classics. This I feel is the perfect time to pick up one of these gems and do them up right, get everything straightened out and then have some fun with them while they're still able to have fun. Then maybe sell it off at a slight profit or at least break even to start it all over again.

What do you think? Either post responses here or post them on my Facebook page here

No comments:

Post a Comment